Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Surgery!

Well, my week or so of lying down has begun. Surgery happened this morning. There was a small complication (about 20% of retinas (retinae?) become detached again when the oil is taken out) but was fixed pretty easily and hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here. I'm on opiates for the pain, so I'm pretty okay for now. The instructions they gave me at the surgery center said (among other things) no drinking, driving, or making binding/legal decisions for the next 24 hours, so you can take my word as you like for today; I guess I'm not really in my right mind.

In the meantime, here's something better to look at, at least in my opinion. Photo credit to Mike Bennie, who was up on stage and snapped photos of a whole bunch of other people too. (Here: http://web.mit.edu/mbennie/Public/Graduation/)

No comments:

Post a Comment