Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Oil Adventures

Yay!  Finally enough motivation to blog post.   First of all, if you're reading this send me a postcard from wherever!  I collect :)  My address is at the end.



I'm back in Houston for the summer!  Spent the week before in California but that's another blog post for another time.  Last Saturday, I played a beach ultimate tournament down in Galveston with a mixed club team in Houston.  The theme was 80's throwback and so we looked awesome.  As you can see for yourself.



Then Monday was the first day of work!  After driving an hour in the morning I finally got here.   Halliburton's Headquarters is sooo much nicer than I thought it would be.  This is where I'll be working:  The Technology Center.  I'm interning in the Wireline & Perforating Product Service Line which is basically used to lower tools and measure conditions down an oil well.


But!  For all of Monday and Tuesday I spent all my time in this building across this pretty lake going through Intern Orientation which was very loooonggg and all about safety and such.  This place is the epitome of corporate America.  The dress code is pretty strict but so far I haven't had to punch anyone for my hair.  There's also a fancy cafeteria and a gym on campus!  This place isn't Google - so still have to pay for the food, but it's still a lot nicer than I was expecting....I can see why it's soo lucrative to work here...  

My evenings right now are spent trying to find people to play ultimate with.  I miss friends.  You should write and share what you're up to so I can pretend to feel some closure of distance between us. 

<333
Neerja
5555 New Territory Blvd, Apt 12108
Sugar Land, TX 77479

No comments:

Post a Comment